UPDATE: It’s 2022 and I’m going to be shaking things up around here. Frugal Nesting is becoming “Work Smarter Mama”. My focus is shifting to supporting working mamas and mamas-to-be in a more holistic and robust way. So stay tuned as I move things around and add some new content!
Welcome! My name is Alea and I am SO glad you’re here!
Let’s face it…mommin’ ain’t easy. And these days working mamas are truly drowning.
Yet, just when we need it the most, we are losing our village. So why not get creative and build a virtual village where we share + support each other online?
That’s kind of my mission, to be your virtual BFF or your working mama doula. Where you come to for advice on all your #workingmomlife struggles + questions.
This is a welcoming + safe space for all working families to find solutions to your working-parent pain points and inspiration for your home + family life.
I am the solo working mama of three wild babes with very large personalities. We live in the gorgeous Pacific Northwest and do our best to thoroughly explore it!
I’m a semi-crunchy mom who is passionate about all things related to lifting up working mamas and supporting you on your journey to life-work integration.
Here are some interesting things about our family:
- I have been nursing babies for 6.5 years of my life – whew!
- I pumped at work for over 2 years with both of my littlest
- We are a cosleeping family
- Babywearing is the best
- No cloth diapers here [sorry, not sorry]
- We do screen time + junk food
- I was diagnosed with ADHD as an adult – what?!?!
- I have experienced PPA – mental health matters
- I have a degree in Music Business – crazy, I know!
- And I started my MBA while pregnant + completed it with a newborn at home.
But enough about me! I’m here to make YOUR life easier! One of my favorite things is to research a question to find just the right solution, test it, and pass that information on to you!
Over the years I have become the “go-to” source for my tribe when it comes to just about anything related to working motherhood.
When you pop in to visit Work Smarter Mama by Frugal Nesting you can expect to find discussions surrounding the following topics:
- Work/Life Balance
- Family Leave
- Breastfeeding + Pumping
- Workplace Rights
- Flexible Work
- And other things to help you work smarter, not harder!